The Infrastructure, Land Use & Transportation committee aims to improve physical and digital infrastructure to keep pace with the Toronto Region’s tremendous growth. This member committee is tied to the Board's competitive Region area of focus.
Together, these members advise, guide and shape the Board’s efforts to champion:
- Ease of traveling across the Region by transit, especially across municipal boundaries
- Developing infrastructure using proven technologies that facilitate local and cross-regional travel to reduce congestion, improve the movement of goods and people, and bolster economic growth and productivity
- Making transit accessible to all residents and improve access to talent for employers and jobs for workers
- Meeting infrastructure needs of growing regional population
How we'll get there
To reach our objectives, we work to:
- Developing actionable proposals that will help build and integrated and globally competitive transit system for the Toronto Region.
- Strengthen the resilience of the Region’s supply chains
- Implement policies and infrastructure needed to support efficient growth of ecommerce deliveries
- Enhance the Region’s freight rail infrastructure
- Propose a framework to categorize different types of employment lands
- Define which current and prospective industrial employment areas require ongoing land use protections
- Define which current and prospective office-based employment areas would benefit from integrating residential uses
- SNC-Lavalin (Chair)
- McCarthy Tétrault LLP (Vice-Chair)
- Air Canada
- Bank of Montreal
- Borden Ladner Gervais
- Bosch Canada
- Canadian Automobile Association, South Central Ontario
- Cubic Transportation System
- Greater Toronto Airport Authority
- Nieuport Aviation
- United Parcel Service
- Walker Industries
Have your say
Join the Infrastructure, Land Use & Transportation committee to shape the Board’s agenda and direct our research and advocacy to emerging priorities. Already a member? Contact your account manager to get involved.
If you aren't a member, complete the membership inquiry form for more information!