The World Trade Center Toronto's Trade Accelerator Program (TAP) is an innovative initiative, designed to accelerate the strategic development of your business and to better prepare you for expansion into international markets.
No other program offers a comprehensive program like the Trade Accelerator Program. TAP is a one-stop-shop that will get businesses ready to go global in just a few sessions, culminating with a customized strategic export business plan carefully vetted by top industry experts!
Our newly developed learning platform, specifically built around practical tips and practices for international selling, further confirms TAP as the benchmark program for entrepreneurs interested in exporting.
Grow with the Right Tools
TAP connects your business with top industry experts, provides you with coaching to build a personalized export strategy and equips you with the tools and resources to find success.
Participate in TAP to access:
- Highly interactive and hands-on sessions featuring case studies, workshops and mock negotiations.
- Direct mentorship and highly personalized coaching by industry experts on a one-to-one-basis.
- Expertly curated content on a virtual learning platform.
- Valuable peer-to-peer interaction, collaboration and learning.
- Connections with key contacts locally and abroad.
TAP hosts sessions around “cohorts” – groups of businesses that share an industry, interest or location. Cohorts ensure that you'll be learning and engaging with like-minded businesses and professionals. Unsure about the cohort for you? Use the Inquiry Form to contact us, and a representative can help you decide.
The program duration is 4 or 6 weeks (depending on delivery method) and learning is broken into four phases:
Participate in workshops that familiarize you with available exporting resources and introduce you to the key components and challenges of international trade, exchanging ideas and experiences with advisors and peers along the way.
Receive hands-on support from leading Canadian export advisors in the development of an export plan – tackling key sections of that plan such as strategic objectives, market entry methods, international marketing and supply chains.
Have the full support of advisors in developing an export plan that is realistic, high-quality and fully integrated with an overall business strategy. All export plans receive a written assessment from our team of experts.
Focus on mentoring, constructive feedback and reinforcing business relationships. After reviewing the export plan, receive individual mentoring sessions from our expert partners where potential solutions and ways forward are explored.
“TAP opened our eyes to finance strategies we had not considered. Within two months, we acquired the necessary financing to take our company to the next level. This program will enhance your view of business, regardless of what stage of business you are at.”
– Premise LED, 2016 TAP Graduate
TAP can be delivered in two formats: hybrid and virtual. Both formats include the same topics and the use of an e-learning platform.
Our hybrid delivery is a mix of in-person and virtual TAP sessions over 4 weeks.
Each week covers the following topics:
- Week 1 (virtual): Introduction and Support & Advisory Resources
- Week 2 (in-person): Strategy, International Marketing & Sales, International Finance, Supply Chain and Legal & Tax
- Week 3 (virtual): Value Proposition and Export Plan Focus
- Week 4 (virtual): Mentoring
Half-day, fully online TAP sessions over 6 weeks.
The topics are divided as follows:
- Week 1: Introduction, Strategic Planning for Export Markets and Support & Advisory Resources
- Week 2: International Marketing & Sales
- Week 3: International Finance
- Week 4: Building Capacity and Supply Chain Management
- Week 5: Legal & Tax and International Marketing & Sales
- Week 6: Mentoring
The TAP Advantage
TAP offers a range of skills, experience and individual mentoring and coaching across a broad spectrum of fields including legal, finance, global sales & marketing, taxation, logistics and more.
TAP graduates have realized their global potential, reporting an average of 18% growth since attending, and 69% of participants are now exporting in markets like China, India, Mexico, Japan, U.K., Italy, Sweden and the U.S.
96% of participants felt better prepared for international business
Join a Free TAP Info Session