The COVID pandemic put enormous pressure on businesses.
While the pandemic continues to change and evolve, the Board – as a champion for business growth and catalyst for solutions – will continue to share resources to help you endure any disruption and advocate to governments for business-friendly solutions.
Learn more about the actions we’ve taken to support businesses through this unprecedented time.
Helping businesses reopen
We’ve put together guides and tools to help more businesses safely reopen, stay open and follow new guidelines.
- Rapid tests for businesses
- Rapid test guide
- Vaccination mandate guide
- Leading practices to reduce transmission in businesses
Promoting safe workplaces and businesses
To help restore confidence in returning to businesses – either as a customer or employee – we’ve put together a list of leading practices that businesses, building owners and cities can follow to help reduce the risk of COVID transmission, in partnership with health experts and major employers.
View the full list of leading practices that are keeping people safe.
Continued advocacy for business-friendly solutions
We’ll keep putting smart, business-friendly pandemic responses in front of government and other decision makers.
- Statement: Time to Get Our Focus on Sensible Solutions to Support Reopening
- Statement: The Board Urges Province to Build on Phased Reopening of Region with New Proactive Measures for Businesses
- Open Letter To Premier Ford on Communicating a Pathway for Reopening Businesses
- Media Release: Toronto Region Board of Trade Calls for Enhanced Supports in Light of Omicron Restrictions
- Statement in Response to the Exclusion of Restaurants from Ontario’s Lifting of Capacity Limits
Bringing employees and customers back
In 2021, the Board launched We’re Ready Toronto – a campaign to inform the region on how businesses are keeping employees and customers safe from COVID and exciting people about return to Toronto, especially downtown.
The campaign attracted wide media interest, energetic social media engagement and was backed by a dynamic advertising effort with thousands of businesses and partners.
Partners invested in supporting businesses through COVID
Whether by helping amplify the We’re Ready Toronto campaign or shaping the COVID supports built for businesses, these partners proved that even through uncertain times the business community is united.