The Housing Affordability policy committee aims to support the development of diverse, affordable and well-located housing, which will enable further economic and demographic growth in the Toronto Region. This member committee is tied to the Board's competitive Region area of focus.
Together, these members advise, guide and shape the Board’s efforts to champion:
- Attracting and retaining regional talent by improving the supply and affordability of housing available to workers and families
- Governments adopting proposals to increase housing supply
How We'll Get There
To reach our objectives, we work to:
- Develop and advocate for a provincial approach to missing middle solutions
- Identify regulatory and legislative changes needed to increase opportunities for first-time homebuyers
- Ensure proposed solutions help achieve net-zero emissions objectives and reduced socioeconomic inequality
- Federation of Rental-Housing Providers of Ontario (FRPO)
- Habitat for Humanity GTA
- Marsh (MMC)
- Northcrest Developments
- TD Bank
- The Black Planning Project
- Toronto Region Real Estate Board
- Tridel / Deltera
- VanCity Community Investment Bank
- Waterfront TO
- Woodgreen Community Services
Have your say
Join the Housing Affordability policy committee to shape the Board’s agenda and direct our research and advocacy to emerging priorities. Already a member? Contact your account manager to get involved.
If you aren't a member, complete the membership inquiry form for more information!