The Housing & Land Use committee committee aims to support a more strategic regional land use strategy that can protect and grow industrial employment areas while also attracting and retaining regional talent through improving the supply and affordability of housing.
Together, these members advise, guide and shape the Board’s efforts to champion:
- Increasing the supply of housing for low- and middle-income workers in priority sectors
- Policy and legislative changes, structures and models needed to increase the variety of housing options that can be financed and built
- Attracting and retaining regional talent through encouraging the adoption of the Housing Affordability Task Force’s recommendations
How We'll Get There
To reach our objectives, we work to:
- Increase the supply and variety of housing options, including mid-rise and family-sized units
- Slow the increase and/or reduce the average cost of homes in Toronto and the region
- Maintain the region as a globally competitive place to invest and immigrate
- Federation of Rental-Housing Providers of Ontario (FRPO)
- Habitat for Humanity GTA
- Marsh (MMC)
- Northcrest Developments
- TD Bank
- The Black Planning Project
- Toronto Region Real Estate Board
- Tridel / Deltera
- VanCity Community Investment Bank
- Waterfront TO
- Woodgreen Community Services
Have your say
Join the Housing Affordability policy committee to shape the Board’s agenda and direct our research and advocacy to emerging priorities. Already a member? Contact your account manager to get involved.
If you aren't a member, complete the membership inquiry form for more information!