TORONTO, September 5, 2023 — The Toronto Region Board of Trade congratulates all provincial ministers appointed to new portfolios as part of the most recent cabinet shuffle.
This shuffle impacts several portfolios that are of the utmost importance to the Board and our members. The Toronto region is the economic engine of Ontario and we’re eager to work with incoming ministers to unlock these opportunities and address the most pressing challenges impacting our region’s productivity and economic competitiveness, including transportation, housing, and the protection of employment lands. These policy discussions are an important part of shaping our economy for the future and building a more livable, accessible, and prosperous region.
Congratulations to the newly appointed Ministers and Associate Ministers:
- Paul Calandra as the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing;
- Caroline Mulroney as President of the Treasury Board;
- Stan Cho as the Minister of Long-Term Care;
- Prabmeet Sarkaria as the Minister of Transportation;
- Rob Flack as the Associate Minister of Housing;
- Todd McCarthy as the Associate Minister of Transportation, and;
- Nina Tangri as the Associate Minister of Small Business.
We also thank Steve Clark for his years of service and dedication in cabinet. We look forward to continuing to collaborate with the provincial government to advance the economic growth and competitiveness of our region.